Sex Education
Sex Education…
When I was studying in 12th grade, my Zoology teacher Helen mam was teaching the chapter ‘Human Reproduction.’ She took the class very well. At the end of the class, she said, ‘I am a mother, a mother can explain this topic better than anyone else, ask your mother to explain this to you, she will be open to you.’ That day at night I approached my mother and asked her to explain this chapter to me. She found time for me. First, she explained the topics in the chapter. But slowly she was drifting away from the topic. She started to teach me some life lessons.
You will get sexually attracted to a girl. You will get the temptation. You will get the temptation to see her in the wrong way. This is Heterosexual attraction. It is natural. Your body hormones produce a chemical called dopamine, which activates your pleasure centers. You should have the willpower to control your emotions and desires. Respect her, never see her through your wrong eyes.
In this age period, you will learn so many things. You may fall in love with any girls in the future. That’s not a sin. Everyone will experience this during this period. This is the law of nature. Choose your partner wisely. Because she represents you. If she belongs to some other religion don’t worry your father and mother will speak to her parents, we will try our best. If you love someone, love sincerely. Do not switch one after the other. A Gentleman will never do like that. Never cheat or hurt her feeling. Because of you, she should not shed one drop of tears from her eyes. If you respect and protect her, you are a gentleman. Treat her like a queen.
If she cheats you, never for a second think about revenge. Respect the other person if there is a breakup. Fall in love responsibly. If love is making you a better person, you can go with that. Because you have chosen the right person. Every woman is our responsibility, not an opportunity. After your mother, having another woman who loves and cares for you sincerely is a blessing.
I asked my mother, ‘Why are you telling me all this, it’s not related to the chapter’. She replied, ‘It’s just a reminder for you.’
The next day at school Helen mam told the exact thing my mother told me.
She said, ‘Whenever I see crimes against a woman I feel very angry. Good parenting from a young age is very important. Both boys and girls undergo hormone changes at a certain age. You should know why it’s happening. Your mother will tell you. She is the best person. I want to say to boys sitting here, be a gentleman. Treat women respectfully and responsibly. If you see a crime against a woman speak up and fight. Be a responsible citizen. When you become parents teach your kids this from a young age itself. Give them sex education.
I wrote this because of the recent events happening in society. When I was standing at the bus stop 10 or 11 years old boys were making sexual and vulgar comments about girls. I wondered if these kids have this kind of mindset at this young age and what they will be when they become older. First of all, we are hearing news like rape, acid attack, stabbing, all kind of violence against women in our daily life. Also, POCSO cases are increasing daily. Even small kids are victims. I wondered how can elderly people behave to kids like this. News like 4 or 5-year-old girls getting gang raped is making me sick. They are finding pleasure in it. Even kids at home are not safe, be it, boys or girls. We should not produce pleasure-seeking animals in society. Today school kids and youth are watching porn, as a result, their mindset will be changed in that way. They will start to see women as a sex objects. Crimes will increase.
Good parenting is very important. From childhood itself, parents should teach boys how to respect a woman. If we inculcate these values at a young age, they will be a gentleman when they grow up. Family, School, Society everything influences a kid. If we give proper guidance at a young age itself, we can avoid crimes in the future. We can develop a country with good citizens.
At that time I don’t have an idea what mom was talking about until Helen mam explained all this. Now I understood the true meaning. Parents and teachers are the best people who can talk about this. They are your best friends.
Thank you, Amma and Helen mam for your valuable lessons.
Comments